Spectacular live return for Best Business Women Awards to celebrate greatest achievements of 2021
Hundreds gather from across the world for historical ceremony at Wembley - which returned to live format this October
One of Britain’s most influential and respected women’s award ceremonies welcomed over 300 international attendees at the Hilton Wembley this October as the greatest business achievements of the year were celebrated in style.
Returning to live format after going virtual in 2020, the seventh edition of the Best Business Women Awards
paid tribute to female entrepreneurs from across the planet - acknowledging the best accomplishments during one of the most challenging years on record.
The glamorous gala was punctuated with live entertainment and saw people from Philadelphia to Spain in attendance - as 700 applicants were whittled down to 84 finalists.
Every Gold and Silver winner was also given detailed comments by the panel of independent, trained and experienced business judges
- which included Roma Bhowmick, Krishma Vaghela, Sharon Gaffney, Susan Barrett, Louise Yexley, Julie Grimes, Denise O'Leary, Lorraine Thomas and Justine Perry.
As well as showcasing and rewarding exceptional talent on a fittingly illustrious stage, the Best Business Women Awards provides a vital springboard for female entrepreneurs - putting their names on the map and boosting their profiles.
Previous winners have enjoyed significant press attention as a result of their accolades - appearing in local press and TV programmes on the BBC and Channel 4.
Debbie Gilbert, founder of the Best Business Women Awards, said: “The past 18 months have been disruptive and uncertain. It has been difficult for every business owner in one way or another.
“However, the sheer resilience of female entrepreneurs shone through, and this demonstrates the determination and tenacity of women in business who were not going to let a virus beat them.
“The appetite for awards has grown in recent years, with increasing recognition that these trophies offer validation for business owners.
“Consumers will always choose award-winning businesses - and being given an accolade can be absolutely huge in terms of raising your profile.”
Head Judge and business expert Roma Bhowmick added: “The standard of entry this year has been incredible.
“The entries did not fail to impress and we had a difficult task shortlisting the finalists.
“The entries really showed how much grit and determination these women have had during what has been the most challenging trading conditions for decades; I am immensely proud to recognise all winners.”
The Best Business Women Awards was one of the first ceremonies of its kind, set up seven years ago to recognise female entrepreneurs who’ve positively impacted clients, society and the local community.
Entries have increased year on year - with over 5,000 applications since the first event back in 2015.
at the most recent ceremony in London included ‘Most Inspiring Business Woman’ Kate Ball - whose Mini First Aid pitch won £50,000 backing from Sara Davies in Dragons’ Den - and ‘Best International Business Woman’ Elena Brennan, whose Philadelphia business Bus Stop Boutique is now a destination for fashionable shoes.
Other winners on the night were Olivia Mikhail - who scooped the ‘Best Business Woman in Animal Services’ award for her miniature pig business Kew Little Pigs - and ‘Best Boss’ Andrea Richards of Accounts Navigator Associates Ltd.
The event’s return to live format in 2021 resulted in an amazing atmosphere - with the Rio Carnival group Star Dance and singers The Queen Beats lighting up the stage.
£4,500 was also raised from the annual raffle held in aid of the previous year's Charity Champion Winner - with funds sent to the Santa Maria Foundation which supports young girls in Columbia. The organisation returned a message of thanks in the form of a video - which played at the event and proved a touching and emotional moment for the audience.
Founder of the charity Lady Yomara Rodriguez Cardenas said: “I was so honoured and grateful for the recognition to win Charity Champion in 2020.
“We are delighted with the sum raised, which is tremendously helpful, especially during this time.”
List of Gold Winners at the Best Business Women Awards:
- Best Business Woman in Animal Services - Olivia Mikhail - Kew Little Pigs Ltd
- Best Boss - Andrea Richards -Accounts Navigator Associates Limited
- Best Business - Alexis Powell-Howard - Fortis Therapy & Training
- Best Business Woman in Business Services -Suzanne Spicer-Spicer and Co Ltd
- Charity Champion - Premila Puri- Be Kind Movement
- Best Business Woman Working with Children & Families - Emily Aklan - Serenity Welfare Limited
- Best Coach - Gitanjali Trevorrow-Seymour- High Definition You
- Best Consumer Business - Vicky Grammatikopoulou - Vie Aesthetics
- Best Customer Service - Vicky Grammatikopoulou - Vie Aesthetics
- Best Business Woman in Financial Services - Sarah Siddons - Sarah Siddons Financial Planning
- International Business Woman of the Year - Elena Brennan - BUS STOP Boutique LLC ( based in Philadelphia)
- Best Business Woman in Legal Services - Sarah Goulbourne -Gunnercooke LLP
- Best Business Woman in Marketing and PR - Siobhan Stirling -Sharp Minds Communications
- Most Inspiring Business Woman 2021 - Kate Ball -Mini First Aid
- Best New Business - Tonia Galati -TG Consulting Ltd
- Best Product - Monika Ludwiczak & Kintija Belska -Everlasting Brows
View the full list of Gold and Silver Winners at the Best Business Women Awards online
The Best Business Women Awards will reopen for applications in February 2022.
About Best Business Women Awards
Founded in 2015 by multi-award winning entrepreneur Debbie Gilbert, the Best Business Women Awards is one of the UK’s most prestigious ceremonies.
Accolades cover a wide variety of industries whilst recognising and rewarding female business talent - with over 1,500 people attending the events and 5,000 applying.
The Best Business Women Awards also enjoys a highly-engaged social media presence with 7,000 followers on Twitter
, 2,200 likes on Facebook
and over 4,800 followers on Instagram
. During awards month, reach is well over 250,000.